It is one of the best preserved architectural examples of the Bulgarian National Revival period. It is located in the center of the town, close to the church “Saint Martyr George”. The house was built in 1860 and bears the characteristics of Balkan architecture. It is of genuine cultural value. The exhibition there represents the home of a Dobrudzhan, living on the verge of two eras.
Displayed are agricultural tools and instruments, instruments used in crafts, original containers for preparation and storage of food, clothes and fabrics typical for different ethnographic groups, as well as cultural artifacts, bearing the marks of modern European culture from the first half of the 20th century. The museum site offers may ways to get in touch with traditional values – temporary and visiting exhibitions, presentations and competitions, educational programs and re-enactments of holidays and customs from the traditional folk calendar and a variety of attractions for guests.
Where: 9300 Dobrich, 6 “Alen Mak” str.
Information on opening hours and entrance fees: tel.: +359/58/604 717
Learn more ...“Icons from the National Revival Period from Dobrudzha” ExpositionExposition “Dobrudzha’s Archeology”House Memorial “Yordan Yovkov” Museum in the “Saint George” City Park – Dobrich